Agronomic imaging for plant health monitoring
Est'd 2015 / 10 employees
Carbon Bee develops innovative agronomic imaging solutions for plant health monitoring: early disease detection, weed detection, and fruit/ vegetable quality control.
These solutions rely on unique imagery technology, combining ultracompact hyperspectral imagery sensor (AQiT-sensor) and AI analytics (AQiT-map).
Our activities are focused on:
- Technology development: a research team focused on Deep Learning, and an Engineering team on optics, mechatronics and software.
- Agronomic expertise: a hybrid (Ag/Tech) team able to best fit the solution into end users’ agronomic practices.
Our commercial activities in 2017: vineyards, vegetable, and other markets.
Clients in Switzerland and Spain
$302,000 in 2016 ($457,000 estimated for 2017)
5% of which is in export markets
Cooperatives & producer associations, for specialty crops; vineyards, chemical companies and technical institutes, and the French Ministry of Agriculture
SOLUTIONS / TECHNOLOGY / PRODUCTS
For specialty crops & vineyard companies :
• Tractor or drone-mounted: AQiT sensor and AQiT-map detect early disease symptoms and weeds species. the sensor can also detect grapevine trunk diseases symptoms to help you make better decisions on vineyard management.
• Target disease spots early: less pesticides, better predictability.
• Identify precise weed species to use less herbicide, and know better your soil.
• Use it as a smartphone-based diagnostic tool for quality & freshness assessment on fruit and vegetables.
For labs & institutes studying plant pathogens, and biodiversity:
• Ultra compact and cost effective hyperspectral imagery, for precise epidemiology studies
• A snapshot-style technology, that you can embed on drone / robot
For ag equipment manufacturers (robot, tractor, sprayers) :
• A technology ready to be integrated as a real time weed or disease detection solution for dynamic spraying control.
• An OEM solution to be integrated in your offer
• A unique hyperspectral imagery technology, that is the most ultra compact and lightweight on the market.
• An exclusive deep learning experience to match every customerspecific environment
• Sensors independent from drone manufacturers, and easily adaptable.
• On-site data processing for results in minutes