Affordable hardware & cloud-based ag-weather platform
Est'd 2016 / 14 employees
Sencrop empowers ALL farmers to make the right decisions at the right time to improve their yields.
Thanks to low-power, long-range networks, and affordable, connected sensors, in-field data streams continuously into the Sencrop cloud platform, allowing farmers to:
- view the current conditions of their fields in real time
- make better agronomic decisions thanks to ultra-localized weather information
- connect to partner services to add value to the data - access or push alerts and decision-making tools
- have more interaction with partners based on streaming data
The company also allows agri-partners (distributors, chemical companies, technical centers, etc.) to spread their services with ultralocalized information, and develop a closer relationship with the farmers.
Sencrop has already sold its solution in the UK, Belgium, the Netherlands, Ireland, Spain and Portugal. Sencrop is currently starting export sales in some of these countries.
$685,000 in 2016 - $1.14 million projected 2017 revenue, 5% of which is in export markets
• Hundreds of vineyard farmers (direct sales).
• Major French grain cooperatives and merchants (Axereal, Soufflet, Uneal)
• Main agro-industrial groups (Mc Cain, Bonduelle, Tereos, Roquette)
• Seed companies (Florimond Desprez, Semences de France (Invivo group), DeKalb (Monsanto) and Deleplanque)
SOLUTIONS / TECHNOLOGY / PRODUCTS
Sencrop is a collaborative platform enabling any farmer to share agweather data/observation with their ag-experts, partners or neighbors. Sencrop is compatible with all agronomic Decision support tools and disease models: data integration to cooperatives/merchants agronomic models (disease prediction, pest management, stage of plant growth, etc.).
Sencrop doesn’t bring complex agronomic models to the market, but spreads data to third-parties (chemical companies, cooperatives, agro-industry, etc.) and puts them in contact with farmers.
• Very attractive pricing (5-to-1 compared to traditionnal agweather stations)
• Simple device and reliable data
• Low-power, large area network
• Growing, emerging technology with global potential
• Technical product cloud/web app: big players aren’t web-native companies: Sencrop brings start-up quality and technology to farming.